Ciemność w sierpniu, manuscript written in pencil on a four-page sheet of white manuscript paper (PWM -12) measuring 210x295mm. The music is written on the second page, between staves 1 and 12, on third page, between staves 1 and 9 (the top part and functions). There are no deletions and corrections. Written on page 1 is the title: Ciemność w sierpniu (page 4 is blank) This work was composed in or before September 2005 and released under the title Wolność w sierpniu on the album Wolność [for the Warsaw Rising Museum] in August 2006, on the FIRe label. The manuscript is the property of Anna Stańko and is held at the Tomasz Stańko Foundation in Warsaw.
notes on pdf transcription:
– title altered to ‘Wolność…’ [Freedom…]
– bar 34, pitch altered from g to f
– bars 5, 31 and 33, chord notation altered
– bars 27, 31, chord symbol altered from Absus to Ab7sus
– bars 9, 13 and 21, chord symbol repeated